Initiated in 2002, this scheme aims at cashless hospitalization under authorization from the department to all serving personnel, their families, and dependent parents at empanelled hospitals across the state, run through a trust created for this purpose and a contracted professional company handling the day to day operations of the project. It works primarily on CGHS rates and any additional expenditure is compensated as per the prescribed norms.
The monthly subscription is Rs. 100 for non-gazetted and Rs 110 for gazetted officers. On an average the scheme processes 2000 bills a month from 149 empanelled hospitals with the assistance of Basket Option, a professional private company, handling day to day operations of this project. The monthly outflow to Hospitals comes to around Rs 4.5 crores.
- Member and their dependent family members should be admitted only after obtaining the authorization letter from the respective unit officer.
- In case of an emergency, the admission can be made on the basis of the department ID and the authorization letter and declaration letter have to be obtained before the discharge of the patient.
- Authorization letter without the signature of the unit officer not to be entertained.
- Validity period of the authorization letter is one month from the date of issue and is valid for one admission. Fresh authorization letter to be obtained for fresh admission. But in case of dialysis, chemotherapy and radiotherapy which needs frequent visit to hospital, single authorization letter is sufficient for one month treatment. After the completion of one month, a fresh authorization letter to be obtained from the unit officer.
- Authorization letter with no specific mention of the ailment for which treatment has to be extended, not to be entertained.
- In case of any change in the treatment proposed, once the authorization letter is issued, fresh authorization letter should be obtained.