DR. PRAKASH B L
M.B.B.S. M.S (Ortho), DNB. FAO (USA
Sr. Consultant Orthopaedic,
Joint Replacement Surgeon
Total Experience: 32+ years
Areas of Special Interest:
- Total Joint Replacement Surgeries. – Hip & Knee including
- Partial / Unicondylar Knee replacement
- Total Elbow Shoulder joints replacement surgeries
- Research activities in the ﬁeld of development of Materials and
Metallurgical aspects of THR / TKR prosthesis.
- Revision joint replacement surgeries – cemented / uncemented.
- Pelvic Acetabular fracture management and pelvi acetabular
- MBBS – Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University
- M.S. (Ortho) – Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University
- D.N.B. – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Fellow AO – Denver Health ,USA
- First Surgeon to perform uncemented THR surgery in any Government hospitals in the state of Karnataka, India.
- First Surgeon to perform revision uncemented THR surgery using Wagner revision stem and allo bone-grafts from bone Bank in the state of Karnataka.
- First Surgeon to perform mobile bearing TKR surgery in the state of Karnataka.
- First Surgeon to use ceramic on ceramic bearing in total hip replacement surgery in the state of Karnataka.
- First Surgeon to use S-ROM Total hip prosthesis in the state of Karnataka.
- First in Karnataka to perform THR by direct anterior approach (DAA).
- Life Member of Bangalore Orthopaedic Society.
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association.
- Life Member of Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation
- Life Member of Bombay Orthopaedic Society.
- Member AADOS (Asian Association for Dynamic
- Member ISBMR (Indian society4 of Bone and
- Member A.O. Alumni.
- Member SICOT.